Re: Expedition outfitting: another Two Cents

To: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Expedition outfitting: another Two Cents
From: "T. R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:25:09 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
My two cents is inserted below...

William Hook wrote:

> I have been following this thread and have a couple of additional questions.
>
> 1.      How and where do folks store all of this (in my case a TR3)?  Several
> people have made use of the center of the spare tire or replaced the spare
> with canned air, and filled the compartment with parts & tools.

Garbage bags instead of luggage, There are VW tires everywhere leave the
tire at home and carry AAA,
> =============================
> 2.      An issue for TR2/3s.. what do you do with the side curtains when you
>are
> touring?  I am planning to make some special bags to protect them (and would
> appreciate info on those too)... but where can you store them other than at
> the bottom of the trunk?

  Some let the braces hang out of the bag, some don't. Load em into the
bag top first and make a flap like an envelope.

Usually you'll see them strapped atop the cooler on the luggage rack.

Any upholsteror can make you a set. Personally I like using muslin, but
some heavy naugahide is tougher stuff.

> 4.      What experience have you had with luggage racks?  Tips of where and
>what to
> look for?

  These are varied I've made my own out of conduit a couple of times but
the list will adress this one more.