Re: TR3A Won't Start

To: "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), GLSVC" <rhansen@att.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A Won't Start
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:13:48 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I think you dont have adequate fuel pressure.A common problem with SU
carburators is the float jet sticking due to varnish or dirt. Remove the float
cover and jet and clean with gum-out or a strong carburator cleaner. Adjust the
float jet  (7/16 " ) as noted in shop manual and re-assemble. If motor starts
but dies, remove float cover again and check for gas in float, if the floats are
not full,,,,,,,,

Another problem could be varnish in in the fuel pump valves. Carefully remove
the upper body of the fuel pump (can be done while lower body remains on engine)
and clean the upper base and valves with gum-out or carburator cleaner. Carfully
reassemble and try to start again.

If the problem is the jets, replace with Grose jets which replace the jet needle
with a ball bearing.

Bob Labuz
yellowtr@borg.com
1958 TR3A