Re: Losing wire wheel

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Losing wire wheel
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:02:58 EST
Mark wrote:

>[lost] right [wire] wheel while braking.  Car came to
>stop on front disk, wheel took off
>Jacked up the car, took off the bolt-on splined adaptor, put on a regular wheel
>and was off in 5 mins.
>If you have bolt on splined adaptors carry a regular disk wheel spare

Isn't that the path for us creating a new thread
about loosing a regular disk wheel?

You have to cut down the studs to fit the wire adapters.  I thought
the remaining stud was too short to use regular wheels.  Can you
safely use original wheels on the shortened studs?

Joe
'72 TR6 with wires... (currently attached to car...)
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com