[Fwd: TR 3 ( TS 10795 )]

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: TR 3 ( TS 10795 )]
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 08:13:13 -0800
Cc: DeWetC1@sapo.co.za
extra parts, at least none on Chris's list. However, I will send him the
dimensions of the clutch slave stay rod.

TIA

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA

--------------9F7EBFE2D61E462292CAB347

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 15:11:39 +0200
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Subject: RE: TR 3 ( TS 10795 )
To: 'Jim Bauder' <jimbpps@pacbell.net>

Jim

Thanks for the info . I'm attempting to fabricate the stay rod but would
rather like to obtain the correct one .( Do you perhaps know the correct
dimensions of the rod ? )

Unfortunately the exchange rate ( South African Rand versus US Dollar / UK
Pound and shipping costs ) makes the buying of parts from the US or UK a
very , very traumatic experience . So as first option I would like to obtain
old parts that I can restore myself or use as a pattern / template . I know
there are a few things I would have to buy new or reconditioned , but maybe
someone somewhere has a few unwanted items they would be willing to give (
wishfull thinking :-) ) ,loan , swop or sell cheaply . Running TR3's are
extremely rare and parts cars are basically non-existent in South Africa  so
I would appreciate it if you could forward a list ( with asking prices ) of
all the items you would be willing to sell to me .

The following TR3 items are desperately needed in any condition or colour
(anything will do , I might be able to use it as a pattern to make my own):

Clutch slave cylinder stayrod ( very urgent please ) ,
Windshield center support bracket + buffer (very urgent please ) ,
Choke cable assembly + knob ( very urgent please ) ,
Temperature gauge ( fahrenheit or centigrade ,very urgent please ) ,
Tonneau center ( rear )rail capping ,  Hoodstick ( top frame ) cover ,
Boot / trunk lid stayrod + retainer ,  Seat rail set ( r/h + l/h )
Glovebox lid stayrod + striker plate + buffer bracket + rear bracket ,
Upper + lower grille mouldings ( any condition , will repair + re-chrome ),
Radiator support rods ,   Radiator drain tap ,  Egg shaped overdrive switch,
Tachometer ring and glass ,  Ammeter ,  Oil pressure gauge ,
Starting handle guide + stayrods ,  Tenax stud on w/shield frame (one only),

Red ignition warning lamp ,   Amber or green flasher warning lamp ,
Starting handle ( hand crank ) ,  Jack + ratchet handle , Tool roll +tools ,
Heater + valve + switch + pipes etc. ,  Owners manual  , Workshop manual ,
Handbrake sealing rubber and plates sealing rubber to tunnel and floor ,
Studs and lugnuts for disc wheels ,  Hard top fixing kit ( brackets etc. ),
Front suspension rebound rubber assy. ( r/h side ) ,
Rear axle buffers and check straps ,
Hard top rubbers + rear window   , Side curtain set .
All rubber parts ( door draft seals , trunk lid seal etc. )
Spare tire + tool strap set .

Any help would be appreciated . Best wishes .
Chris de Wet
PO Box 472  ,  Ifafi  ,  0260  ,  South Africa