Re: Max Cruise RPM

To: wsteve@primenet.com
Subject: Re: Max Cruise RPM
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 15:48:59 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

You negelcted to tell us at what speed you are driving, so I'll assume that
you're driving roughly 75 to 80 MPH at 4000 RPM's. I can say from direct
experience that you can cruise at this speed all day if you want. Now if
you told me 5000 RPM's, all I could say would be "good luck". The "man"
get's a little testy when you're driving at more the 80 around my parts.

Now, if you told us that 4000 RPM's was 60 MPH or so, we'd have to know
some info about your car. Specifically, what tire size you are running and
what differential ratio you have.

Without that info, we can only offer WAGs as to why your speed/RPM ration
is what it is.

So, how fast were you going at 4000 RPM's and what tire size to you have.
The tire size we need to know is the rear tires...

later,
rml
TR6's