Transmission mystery

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission mystery
From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:07:02 -0500
Listers -
       I purchased a J-type overdrive transmission for my '76 TR6 a while
back and am
having it rebuilt.  We're having a probIem finding a suitable replacement
input shaft,
so I'm trying to determine its' heritage w/o knowing anything about the car
it came from
(it was reportedly from a late ('74?) car but who knows if this was the
original tranny).
    The number on the case looks like this:

CC
10010   *1

Where the Splat (*) is above there appears to be the number 28 inverted 90
degrees.
Just above and to the right of  these numbers is what looks like the
following (in MUCH
smaller print):

 D26 A 74

The tranny is in the shop and in pieces so I can't get any other #s or
identifying marks
off of it right now.  Does anybody have an idea from whence this
transmission might
have come?  Thanks.

Dennis Culligan / '76 TR6 CF57948U (hoping to be 'O') / TR6IUMPH/  Highland
,NY/  DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM