RE: Shilligford ,Oxon--UK

To: <trhouse@greenapple.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Shilligford ,Oxon--UK
From: "paul" <paul@stapletons.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 21:17:15 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <dochs@greenapple.com>
high
        just to answer a few questions yes I am a triumph person I speak
reasonably
fluent GT6 with conversational dolomite sprint although I don't have a
dolomite at the moment but I will before the year is out!
no I'm afraid I don't know Cyril however I'm sure if he had a look around he
would be able to find a cyber cafe to use for e-mail if he didn't want to
pay for a computer at home, and as for a e-mail account he could go to
bigfoot.com and sign up for a e-mail (free) for life account and have mail
redirected to himself from wherever he logged on, but no in the UK most
stationary stores don't have e-mail facilities for Joe bloggs on the street
to use.
As for can I find a way of getting e-mail to him I cannot I'm afraid as I
don't know where shillingford is and as I work as a contractor I spend a lot
of time away from home, so that wouldn't work however like I said if he want
to, a cyber cafe he should be able to work out how to sort something out,
any way what sort of triumph do you talk in Fairfield County?
and finally normally we pay for the telephone call to the ISP about 5 pence
per min during the day or 1 penny a min during the evening although the
e-mail is free after you pay for the call some people still pay for the
internet connection on a monthly subscription but they expect and usually
get a better dial up connection speed however I use a different service
provider that does not charge a monthly fee or phone charges if I use the
net between 6pm an 8 am so its completely free in the evening so my son (and
I) can play quake until our hearts are content in the evening! great! how do
you get charged for internet access in the US?
And as you say once you get use to e-mail snail mail is only used as a last
resort I only usually use snail mail for sending out cheques, invoices and
CV's although most CV's are also sent electronically amazing how electronics
changes your life I hope I'm still going to be fit enough to have fun with
all the new technology in another twenty years time!