Re: TR6 Copper Brake Lines

Subject: Re: TR6 Copper Brake Lines
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 08:36:55 -0800
Cc: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Chris :

Pure (soft) copper is not a good idea anywhere on a car, because it will
eventually work-harden with vibration, and break.  However, there are
some copper alloys around (Cunifer as sold in the UK is one example)
that don't have this problem.   Unfortunately, some of them look a lot
like pure copper.  (I've also heard of steel lines being copper plated
for corrosion resistance.)

If your lines were sold as brake and fuel lines, it's a reasonable
assumption that they are acceptable for the purpose.  OTOH, if you just
bought a roll of copper tubing at the local home center, DONT USE IT !

Randall