Re: More on POR

To: Jay Snavely <jays@paonline.com>
Subject: Re: More on POR
From: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:27:48 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Jay Snavely wrote:

> I got a couple responses saying that POR15 was not for use on an engine
> block.  When I ordered my POR15, they sent a large catalog and product
> information.  From reading the information , I see no reason not to use
> POR15 on the block.

Jay ... my experience w/POR-15 is not extensive, but given the way the product
seems totally to "seal" whatever it's sticking to, I'd be a bit concerned with
whether or not my engine block could be efficiently cooled with POR-15 on it.

>  The engine enamel seems to be the same as POR15 except it comes in
> a variety of OEM colors.

POR-15 is not enamel.  I believe it's something closer to liquid epoxy.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6