Oil filter conversion for TR6: the long and short.

To: "'Triumph Digest List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil filter conversion for TR6: the long and short.
From: John Jacobsen-Watts <johnw@wrq.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:28:49 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
A recent post reminded me that there are two lenghts of filter for the TR6
spin-on conversion.

Here's the Long and Short of it:

= LONG (thank you Keith...)

Fram PF-3600
Mobil 1 is a M1209
AC Delco is a PFL400A
Motorcraft is a FL400S
Purolator Pure One is PL 20195
WIX 51516 -- Highest rated
Mobil-1 M1-209 -- very small micron and relief valve
AC Delco Ultragaurd Gold  UPFL400A  -- similar to the Mobil-1
Puralator PurONE  PL20195 - currently installed

= SHORT (i.e. the one that doesn't foul the clutch or gas (carb.) lines):
???

So, a loaded post; what ARE the short equivalents to the long filters? I am
unaware of any cross-correlate chart for this.

John
johnw@wrq.com