Re: Bad News/Trouble With The Authorities

To: "Kurt" <koblinger@linkline.com>
Subject: Re: Bad News/Trouble With The Authorities
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:28:11 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hey Kurt,
     Good advice about the auto club. I might do it, even tho the closest
one is 90 minutes away.
     My first TR, which I am currently driving, had not been on the road in
10 years. The DMV let a sheriff verify the VIN and there were no back fees
(this was in1992). I asked the DMV about having a peace officer sign the
verification for this one and she said that they don't do that anymore
(something about Cobra replicas being licensed as '65 Fords). She said that
the car must be complete, with engine installed and inspected at the DMV.
What a COS.
     I have an alternate plan B which I may be forced to implement. However,
I won't make that plan public...
     I really don't like those guys.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA