e-bay very long

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: e-bay very long
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:06:21 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
It just totally amazes me that anyone would ever think of buying a car by
looking at a P/C screen, reading a little story that was written by someone,
from someplace, that you have no idea, whom, what or where they are. Every
opinion poll ever taken ranked used car salesman as the most distrusted
people on this earth, yet here you are bidding on a picture, with optimal
coverage, taken at the very best of positions. If I'm going to buy a used
car, I want to see whom I'm dealing with, drive the car, and ask a lot of
interesting questions. When bidding, you should get what you bid for, and
just what you deserved in doing so, be this good or bad for the buyer, its
your money and you can sure spend it how you please, just my opinion, but,
my how times change, such a honorable profession selling cars on e-bay, yet
dishonest for a man in your community. If any of you are thinking about me
writing this, Yes I was in the used car business for 40 years, had only 2
lawsuits in that time, won both of them, then gave both parties their monies
back. My old lot is still selling to the same children that I sold their
parents cars. Nice feeling, knowing who you deal with, they make good
friends for over 40 years now. "FT"