Rallye Day

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rallye Day
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:44:56 EST
Just a note to share with you guys in the cold.  (NO sarcasm on my part --
just to keep your hopes up this winter).  Triumph Cub of North Florida 75
mile rallye in Jacksonville and St. Augustine today.  (For me total mileage
was 195 miles to get there, do the rallye and drive back home).  Great
weather (low '70's and sunny) Great fun -  Oil pressure 65 psi, engine temp
at mid-line, ammeter in the center, 24MPG, everything purring like a kitten.

Wife, whom I met for the first time in an airport on my way to "Jolly olde"
to pick up the car in '64, was my navigator and had a smile on her face MOST
of the time (we won't go into the Male/female "teams" re: driving).  Then we
finished the rallye at our "local" Brit Pub with the club gang for
Boddingtons etc. and supper.  To top it off we took first place and had a
super time with the folks from the club.  So hang in there if you're in the
cold and the car is waiting for Spring.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup/1st car ever owned)