Re: rebuilding spitfire waterpump

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rebuilding spitfire waterpump
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:42:52 -0600
Cc: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Brad,
        It is actually an integrated shaft bearing assembly somewhat unique to
water pumps and fairly specific to this range of Triumph pumps. The seal is
a mechanical carbon faced seal running on the impeller face. Not hard to
rebuild if you invest in some jigs and pump bearings. If I remember
correctly the pulley end is a different diameter shaft from the impeller
end. Not really off -the- shelf parts, unless the shelf is at a pump
rebuilder's shop.
        Peter C
---