Re: TR6 Clutch Question

To: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch Question
From: iron_horse819@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 07:43:01 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
--- erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu wrote:

> Seems to me, that you can buy a plastic mandrel for these cars for about
> $5 from a NAPA dealer.  I have such in my tool box.

I agree, I was only suggesting the broom handle as being superior to trying to
use just your fingers to align the clutch plate.  The times I've used it were
'emergencies' where the proper tool was not available and where waiting to get
one wasn't feasible.

Of course, I'm also the guy who rebuilt an MGB engine with only a basic socket
set ... I seem to lean towards making do with what you have on hand .... my
wife says it's from watching too much 'Macgyver' on TV! <grin>

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS
Little Rock, AR