TR3/4/4A/6 Brakes

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3/4/4A/6 Brakes
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:57:27 -0500
Hello, List...I'm doing a front end rebuild on my '3A and "as long as I'm in
there" :^)...Is it possible or even advisable to replace 11" TR3A front
brake rotors with the MUCH less expensive TR4/4A/6 rotors? If so, can you
keep the original '3A calipers? If not, are the later calipers a direct
bolt-on as replacements? Any other parts that must be changed?

Have any of you actually done this? Did you run into a tree as a result? Any
other problems? Would you do it again?

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the advice.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L