Coker Classic redlines

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Coker Classic redlines
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 11:59:59 -0500
        Listerati,

        I just mounted a set of Coker Classic redlines on my spare wheels.
They are 195/75 tubeless, and they are only slightly smaller in diameter
than the half-worn Michelin redlines I am replacing. I measured the
diameter against a wall with a pencil and level: Michelin 26 7/8", Coker 26
1/2".

        The Cokers look nice, with a brighter redline than my ancient
Michelins have now. Although the section width is only 10mm wider than the
Michelins, the Coker seems to be just as wide at the tread, wheras the
Michelins taper considerably. As a result, the Cokers have about 1 1/4"
wider treads.

        Can't supply a ride report until I restore brake function (it would
be a very short report). Has anyone used these tires and come up with a
good tire pressure to use? I used the "stock" 20/24 psi in the Michelins,
but that seems low for a tubeless tire...

        best regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L