Re: Keyless entry: DieHard security battery?

Subject: Re: Keyless entry: DieHard security battery?
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:12:33 -0700
John Black wrote:

"...like Jorge [I] never lock my car door. For a couple of reasons, one being
that if some urchin actually WANTED your stereo or whatever was in the car, he
would just smash the window and he has it anyway! If on the other hand he, or a
professional thief really wanted your car he would just take it! ...BTW, last
year [I] was challenged by the owner of a certain Ford to get into his car
quicker than he could with the key, ...while he was [fishing in his pocket] I
had
the door open!"

Though I can't break into your car :-) I agree with John on this one. I'd rather
someone open the unlocked door and steal my floormats than slash my top to get
them.

QUESTION: I was in Sears picking up one of those portable jump starting things
--
on sale, and for my BMW, not the TR4 -- and looked at the new DieHard Security
batteries. They have a battery deactivation feature using a remote that you hang

Any thoughts from listers? Anyone use one yet?

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO