TR250 lenses (a variation on)

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: TR250 lenses (a variation on)
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:13:24 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Jonmac writes:
>Clearly my metaphor of 'appendages in a mangle' has caused some  confusion
on a global
>scale for which I apologise.
>Mangle in English English is a wringer but improperly used it can truly
mangle clothes.
>The introduction of any  component of the human frame will bring an
entirely new meaning
>to the term "compression ratio" and a considerable degree of pain as well.
>It seems that the word "t*ts" crossed most global frontiers without
difficulty?

>Jonmac

John,

I, for one, am quite entertained by the coloquialisms that emminate from
the
various corners of the world in which our fellow listers reside.  Although
I have
never heard the affore mentioned phrase it took little imagination at all
"cipher" it out.  It is just these sort of mental exercises that keep one
young.
So don't apolgize for using local idomatic phrases, keep it up!

BTW it is so warm here in St. Louis today I think I will turn on the spigot
and
warsh the car!

Dave Massey