Re: TR3 Top Webbing Lengths

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, JAMES S BRADY <JAMES.S.BRADY@MAIL.SPRINT.COM>
Subject: Re: TR3 Top Webbing Lengths
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:41:41 +0100
From:                   JAMES S BRADY <JAMES.S.BRADY@MAIL.SPRINT.COM>
Date sent:              Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:08:10 -0600
Subject:                TR3 Top  Webbing Lengths
To:                     triumphs@autox.team.net
Send reply to:          JAMES S BRADY <JAMES.S.BRADY@MAIL.SPRINT.COM>

--openmail-part-1aedf215-00000001

Greetings:

I'm  getting ready to reinstall my TR3's freshly painted top bow.  Does
anyone know the correct spacing between the top rails?  I though these
measurements were in a prior issue of TRA but can't seem to locate.

All help appreciated.

Jim Brady
1960 TR3A
1973 Stag
Kansas, USA

--openmail-part-1aedf215-00000001--

Hi James ,
According to installation instructions TR3 Top from Amco Soft Tops
dated 1978 the spacing between windshield to  rails to and lift-o-dot
fasteners on the rear side is the following :

Center line of windshield to first rail = 14 1/4 inches
first rail to main frame rail = 11 inches
main rail to rear rail = 7 inches
rear rail to lift-o-dot fasteners = 17 1/2 inches

The installation instructions read:
"Quote'"
1. Put the top frame in up position and check for alignment on car
body from side to side and from the floor up. The dimensiopns
must be the same left to right.Re-sdjust the webbing on the bows
to the dimensions shown above.
2. Snap the top to wind shield frame.
3. Pull the top over the frame tautly. Mark the position of the snaps
onto the top at the center rear.
3. Check to be sure the top is on center of the body side to side
and install the lift-o-dot fasteners provided at the marked locations.
Snap the top to the center snaps.Re-check location on body.
5. Now alternating left to right locate and install onto the body the
remaining lift-o-dot fasteners.
"Unquote"
Hope this is of some help
Jean R