RE:Dummy Lights -No LBC content

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Dummy Lights -No LBC content
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:52:39 -0800
Lee M. Daniels  writes:
       Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe I laugh because I once had a car
with
absolutely NO indication of fuel level (1962 VW Beetle: out of fuel? just
flip the reserve lever over to get that last gallon of gas) and had another
vehicle for a while that required that you put a stick down into the tank
to check the level...

Lee,
 I have a similar analogy: When SCUBA was in its infancy and you didn't have
colorful(predator attracting) wetsuits and gear. Nor did you have seaguages to
see how much air you had left. If you were lucky to have a J-valve, you had the
vw gas reserve equivalent. Otherwise, you found yourself sucking the inside of
your tank out on your ascent to the surface.

Regardless, even with todays modern equipment, I find myself paying no
attention to the air guage and returning to the surface and having negative
pressure in the tank when I get there.

No dummy lights, just a lack of oxygen to the brain I guess.

;-)