More ways to spend your money -

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More ways to spend your money -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 06:49:27 -0800
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
While I was at the local Pep Boys auto store to pick up my Delco oil filter
For the Spitfire, I noticed that they now carry a NEW Delco brand, The
Delco gold or some other such thing.  The regular Delco is about $5 and
this new, improved one is about $9.  It has a synthetic filtering media
among other things, that [they] say improves filtering.  Nice graphics on
the box to verify their claims, etc.  Of course I bought one. . .It's kind
of a nice black color, and will look better than the dark blue one on the
car now :-)  Everyone knows that black goes with everything right?  Oh
well, the Spit gets the best of everything, synthetic oil, Dot 5 brake
fluid, why skimp on the filter!!
Also, while perusing through one of the many publications I receive,
because I'm apparently on some master list somewhere that must list me a
some sucker that loves to by things by mail order, I noticed a product
called Spare Tank.  Hey, it doesn't cost me anything to look through them
:-)  Its purported to be a safe alternative to carrying around a gallon of
gas for those "emergencies" when you run out of gas.  Personally I think
one should pay more attention to ones gas gauge but hey, stuff happens. .
.The ad also says "the formula is an organic and synthetic compound that
works like gasoline but is not gasoline".  "It's lead free, biodegradable,
cannot harm any engine parts, and can be stored indefinitely".  It also
mentions that "it is non-flammable, and 100% safe to keep in your vehicle
(if poured over burning matches it would extinguish them)".  Of course we
all know gasoline would do the same thing, provided the fumes didn't get in
the way :-)  At any rate, it make me wonder just what this stuff is?  If
it's non flammable how the heck does it *flame* in the combustion chamber??
 Although, I personally wouldn't pour this stuff in my tank - costs $25 and
that doesn't include shipping - I heard that Penzoil also makes a similar
product -

I didn't buy either of those however -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)