Re: More ways to spend your money (AAA)

To: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Subject: Re: More ways to spend your money (AAA)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:35:59 -0500
Message text written by Steven Newell

David Massey wrote, in re the Pennzoil gas substitute:

> I think a tow truck will get you 10 miles down the road for $25.  Ouch!

FWIW lately I'm averaging *much less* than $2.5/mile with tow trucks. :-)
Just in case any of you in the states *don't* already have AAA, go get it
now.
My AAA Plus* membership in the last month alone has taken me much more than
10
miles down the road:

10 miles: BMW 2002 differential fails, towed to independent shop
70 miles: TR4 coil gives up 1 1/2 hours after I bought the car in Houston
15 miles: "new" diff in 2002 fails, towed back to shop

*provides for 100 miles free towing, think it cost around $75/yr for the
family.

--
Steven Newell
<

Good point.  And one gallon of magic gasoline wouldn't have fixed any of
these problems.  A cell phone and an AAA card.  Don't leave home without
'em.

Dave