LBC tow vehicle engine upgrade (minimul LBC content)

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC tow vehicle engine upgrade (minimul LBC content)
From: "Brad Kahler" <bkahler@jacads.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 23:58:24 -1000
Listers,

I'm considering swapping out the engine in my 1992 F150 tow vehicle. This
is the vehicle that has helped salvage a LOT of Triumphs!  (required LBC
content!)

Right now it has the 300ci straight 6 engine.  Lots of low end torque but
pretty dismal on long grades with a trailer behind it or when driving into any
kind of head wind.

Since I like the truck and its paid for I'm considering just swapping out the
motor and tranny (and possibly the rear end???).

Any thoughts on whether this would be a wise move, and if so any
recommendations on an engine and tranny combination?  Would a swap be
fairly straight forward.  In other words, would all the connectors be
available in the existing wiring harness or is there a lot more to an engine
swap now days?!

TIA

Brad

My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/12/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 9/17/99)

(Errors have been made, Others will be blamed.....)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L (now camber compensated!)
1962 TR4 CT288L
1962 TR3B TCF1564L
1959 TR3A parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108 being restored
1953 Mayflower - TT29490LDL