Re: New England Events 2000

To: Chip19474@aol.com
Subject: Re: New England Events 2000
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 08:50:10 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

Hopefully, at least one of my New England Triumph bretheren got back to you
on this topic but I'll take a shot at helping you.

At this time, there is only one event on the NET calendar that is "for
sure". That would be Day of Triumph at the Museum of Transportation in
Brookline, MA and to be held on Sunday July 23rd, 2000. This is a pretty
good event with about the best single car marque turnout at the museum
every year. Expect around 75 Triumphs or so, more if the weather is good
and even more if we post a big brutish person at the gate to force all
Triumphs onto the field...

;-)

Other than that, there's a few things I can point you to.

Each year around the 4th of July, there's been a Street Rods Nationals type
event held in Worcester - something like 3000 cars! Not much British, but
pretty impressive nonetheless.

There's a group of folks into British cars in the Worcester area, they call
themselves the Vintage 15 or something like that... they meet somewhere for
"cruises" around Worcester county.

But probably the best resource for the information that you are looking for
is a newspaper called the British Marque. Get a subscription to that (it
covers clubs all over the US), but they have always had a pretty
comprehensive calendar section in the middle each month.

If you need to hook up with another Triumph nut, I'm just north of Boston,
and my current girlfriend lives in Worcester county - so I get out that way
a few times every week. Just drop me a line when you're in the area.

regards,
rml

Bob Lang      | TR 6 Guy           | Editor: New England Triumphs
Phone:        | 617-253-7438 (days)| 781-438-2568 (eves)
Occupation:   | ComputerZ          | TR fixer-Upper