RE: $25,000.00 TR3???

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: $25,000.00 TR3???
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 23:42:00 -0600 charset="iso-8859-1"

Ken Gano wrote:

>Ready for another one?
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=275521142

Isn't that something? Although I'm one of the (apparently very few) who
don't find prices like this outrageous for a perfectly restored car, I find
it incredible that any seller would expect people to bid that kind of money
for a car when the seller: 1) Is too lazy to put up a photo of the car, and
2) Claims that the car is restored, but gives not an iota of detail as to
what work was done or the current condition of the car.

Who would bid that kind of dough on the basis of a (broken link) photo of
some other car on the VTR website (http://www.vtr.org/TR3/index.html)?

Oh well, IIRC nobody bid on the $30k TR6 either . . .

Jim Hill
Madison WI