TR6/250/2000/2500 water pump housing replacement how to notes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6/250/2000/2500 water pump housing replacement how to notes
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 07:04:28 -0500
About a year ago, my water pump impellor broke and in doing so, damaged the
machined surface of the water pump housing.  My epoxy repair started to
fail a while back (temp was creeping up once more), so I replaced the whole
housing last week.  The factory and Haynes manuals do not tell the whole
story, so anyone interested, let me know and I email you a complete "how
to" note that might make it an easier task for you!

Also, I've noticed that the temp gauge reads higher when I put the
headlights on.  I think I know that indicates a compensator problem: anyone
got any idea on how to tackle that one.

Tony Gordon

72 TR6
Midland, MI