Re: TR3 Steering

Subject: Re: TR3 Steering
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 13:39:25 -0800
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Michael :

Assuming you are talking about the outer tube (the one that's about
1.25" OD), yes, I believe it is supposed to be tight in the steering
box.

However, I also believe the joint only has to be tight enough not to
leak oil, it doesn't appear to contribute otherwise to the steering.  It
appears to have originally been just a light press fit.  IMO you can
just clean it up good, and 'glue' the tube in with gasket cement, being
sure to turn the fill hole to the top.

Randall
59 TR3A