Re: reupholstery

To: bethken@erols.com
Subject: Re: reupholstery
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 20:48:20 -0500
Cc: pboldtrix@juno.com, jsimmons@intrepid.net, triumphs@autox.team.net

I spoke to a number of people who said the 72 TR6 seats were a really
complicated reupholstery job....not ever having done one before, (and
under time restraints -- getting ready for VTR national in Albany) I
decided to let a local shop install the kits ($80 / seat).  They did an
excellent job, but the guy told me he'd never do them at $80 again...too
complex.  That said, I do know folks have done their own with good
results....but they say "12 hrs for the first one, 6 for the second.
Phil