Door cap replacements..done one?

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door cap replacements..done one?
From: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:12:47 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
I've got the replacement door caps. They're obviously made to go over the
originals. Well, the PO already stripped off my originals and merely covered
the panels with vinyl. Here's my problem...the new caps are convex to fit
over the old foam filled originals. Since mine are gone, there's nothing to
"fill" my covers. My idea is to fill them with that hardware store expanding
foam (very little) before installation, and shave the foam down to an even
plane.

Watcha think? Anybody tackled this one yet?

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L