SU float valve thread

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU float valve thread
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:00:34 -0500
Hi, all.

Anyone know (off hand or by any other method) what the thread spec is
for the float valve of the SU H2 (or HS2) carbs?  I think one of my
needle valves is leaking around the threads and I want to check the
thread in the lid before attempting to replace the valve.  I don't
want to try to tighten it without being sure it's not buggered (sorry
to be so crude, but that's what it looks like from here.)  It seems
to be nearly 1/4-28 or perhaps 6mm-1.0, but not quite either.  Another
British spec thread?

Thanks,
Donald.