Sound Isulation for Timing Chain Cover ?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sound Isulation for Timing Chain Cover ?
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:59:45 EST
A few days ago there was a thread about sound insulation for the timing chain
cover on a TR3.  I checked the timing covers that I have laying around and
the insulation was either removed or was never on.  I am trying to restore my
car as original as possible, so I have a few questions on this subject.

1.  Was this used on all models, mine is a 59 TR3A TS 58399?

2.  What color is the insulation, and is it painted over?

3.  How thick and how uniform should it be applied?

4.  Does it cover the whole face of the timing chain cover, or just a
localized area?

TIA

Gary Bouffard