TR6 water pump

To: Claudia Lied <cglied@whro.net>
Subject: TR6 water pump
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:56:50 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Claudia Lied
>Listers,  I need some sage advice to replace the water pump on my 74 TR6.
The three bolts that secure the pump came off with the old pump.  There is
insufficient clearance between the wp pulley and the flange to remove the
bolts.  Likewise, there is insufficient clearance to put new bolts in the
new pump.  Both pulleys are pressed on the pump shaft.  My first thought is
to insert studs into the pump body and use nuts to hold the pump on.  The
Haynes manual only shows the old style pump where the pulley is held on by
a nut.  Is it possible to pull the pulley off and replace it after fitting
new bolts?  TIA  Gary Lied
<
Most of the pumps that I have removed had just that - Studs.  Someone must
have improvised.  Check at the autoparts store for studs.  And some of the
better hardware stores carry them also.

Dave