Re: Strombergs vs double webers vs triple webers from the non mechanic

To: VK0216@aol.com
Subject: Re: Strombergs vs double webers vs triple webers from the non mechanic
From: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 08:15:46 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Virgil:

#1 - The cost of rebuilding Strombergs and keeping them running well thereafter
is not high.  Apple Hydraulics, for instance, will do a wonderful job of
completely rebuilding them for under $400, I think.  That's a route I would
recommend for you.  Pull them and ship them off, and you'll have them back in 2
weeks.

#2 - Yes, but not substantially so unless you've also modified the rest of the
engine.

#3 - Essentially, better volume through the power range and more reliable
mechanics.  But Webers come with their own special tuning issues, and it will
require an expert to get them properly adjusted at the start.

#4 - Yes.  Webers are aftermarket carbs for a TR6.

#5 - This is correct.  Webers are most effective with altered cams and free flow
exhaust.

But they sure look cool.

--
Martin Secrest