Wiring problem solved

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring problem solved
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:46:36 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
The other day I posted a thread about an electrical problem I had on my TR6.
As I suspected, the main Positive cable was bad.  When I took the old cable
off and took the black plastic cover off the connector where the 3 brown
wires attach, the cable was very corroded where the connector was crimped
onto the cable.  I ordered a new one from TRF on Thursday morning and it was
on my doorstep Friday afternoon.  I put it in this morning and the car fired
right up.  That was a relief to me since I had stripped everything off  the
engine compartment and dissambled the carbs, the first I had done that.  Now
I need to Waxoyl the frame inside and POR it on the outside, and hopefully
it will be ready for the road when we get some nice weather in the Northeast
again.

Jay
74TR6