[no subject]

To: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 10:53:36 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Virgil
The cause of your stalling will almost certainly be that the spindles are
worn and when you return to idle the butterflies don't land in the same
place twice, new spindles in your carb bodies will probably cure the problem
as generally the bodies don't wear a great deal. Whether to go for Webers is
mainly personal preference, I would suggest that you may be able to learn to
tune Strombergs yourself if you read the manual Webers are more difficult
IMO. Strombergs should stay in tune for about a year, dependant on mileage
and condition, the more wear in the spindles the less time they seem to
remain in tune! Personally I would stay with the Strombergs as a mater of
preference and authenticity.

Graham.
Ps never think of a question as dumb, if you don't ask you won't learn
anything!