TR3 rear spring bushing material questions

To: "Triumph - List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 rear spring bushing material questions
From: "The Brooks'" <TR3A@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:50:26 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Scions,

I'm about finish pulling the rear springs off my TR3.  Yes, the
hard part is done; the front pins have been pulled out 75% of the
way already and the shackles are ready to be removed too. Three
days worth of spraying with Kano Sili-Kroil made it relatively
easy.

What I need to know is what types of bushings you have used
satisfactorily; polyurethane (graphite impregnated?), Nylon,
Nylatron, Delrin, aluminum(not!), Kevlar impregnated Kryptonite,
whatever has worked well.

My wife, Susan and I AutoX the car, but we also drive it around
town regularly.  I would prefer a fairly stiff bushing material,
but really don't want to have to deal with re-lubing squeaky
bushings every couple of years.

What has worked for you?

Thanks,

Jack Brooks