Re: TR3 Head Gasket

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: TR3 Head Gasket
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:22:01 -0500
Folks,
Thought I'd better say nobody on the list had recommended the
rope-down-the-plug-hole trick.  That was my own stupid idea.  I'd seen it
mentioned on the MG list  (Uh-Oh, there's a transvestite loose!)
Thanks to Jack pointing out that, with a wet-linered engine, the liners
could be pulled off that figure-of-eight dealy.
The PO had mentioned "a rebuild 3,000 miles ago" and I've put on another
3,000 miles in the last year.  Hopefully that's enough to rust 'em in
place.  We'll find out!
I'll look at the liner specs and check the bottom with a straight edge
tonight.

Regards,  Adrian (Not feeling too good)