RE: Anybody ever rebuild a water pump?

To: "Tim Hickey" <tjhickey@gatecity.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Anybody ever rebuild a water pump?
From: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:49:38 +1100charset="iso-8859-1"
Tim,

You can get them apart with a hydraulic press. I've taken a couple apart,
but the problems are that the carbon seal is usually cracked and new seals
don't seem to be available and the bearing is about 2 inches long and also
not available or serviceable. I've been able to make a good pump out of
several old ones. From memory, the seal is similar, and useable, or
identical to the SAAB and Dolomite and therefore I suppose the Stag, but
they still don't seem to be available separately for those either.

New pumps here in OZ are AUS$120 (US$72).

Regards,

Bob Hutton