TR6 - need a part

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 - need a part
From: Sandy Levine <slevine@toucan.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 20:02:30 -0800
Finally my frame off restoration is starting to show life. Last time I drove
the car was 1988. Started taking it apart in 1994 - every single component
right down to each nut, bolt and washer. I had it in more pieces than BL
ever did.
Three weeks ago I put the key in the ignition and the engine, carbs,
distributor, starter, etc that I rebuilt just turned right over and ran -
nobody was more surprised than me as the total of my automobile knowledge is
what I picked up from 30+ years of paying someone else to fix my cars, read
in the Bentley manual or learned from the group.
Now I am trying to get everything balanced. Problem that I have is the
adjusting screw for the metering needle is defective and the part is not
available from the big 3. The part is shown in TRF blue book, page 56, #17.
it's the same part in all carbs with adjustable needles. Anyone out there
have a damaged carb where they would be willing to give up the screw???
thanks

--
Sandy Levine
same TR6 since 7/70