RE: car carpet for a Stag

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: car carpet for a Stag
From: Christopher Ball <cball@oct.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:17:32 -0500
> sujit roy wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know where I can get a good quality roll of car carpet from,
> > within the San Jose, CA area. Carpet sets for a Stag are very expensive
> and
> > I've been told are not that great.

         When I redid  one of my cars I got it in my head that black was not
going to be the colour. I wanted a green carpet to match the BRG paint job.
I went from carpet barn to broadloon shack, combing the remainder bins until
I found the right colour in the right density and length.

        I got talking to the guy in the store and when I told him what I was
doing with it he said " when it's all   cut and test fit bring in the pieces
that need edging and I edge them up for you for a few bucks."

        So, I brought back the main floor pieces and on the machine he uses
for edging throw rugs he did them up. Looks fantastic IMHO. I have some
black mats for messy days, with the logo stitched on them, and against the
green they look nice too.

        The car seems more open and even larger to the eye, and when you hve
the top up it makes a big difference to the feeling of being in there.

        Chris
        (now daahhhling, an eggplant arm rest and seat covers is just
YOUUUU. FABBBulous"