Re: Tire sizes (again)

To: "slantws@home.com" <slantws@home.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: Tire sizes (again)
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 07:34:34 -0500
Jerry, you could go to the 195/65-15.  They are available from a few sources.
Ask Tire Rack or your local reseller.

Are you sure your wheels are 48 spoke?
I thought the 48's went out with the TR3, and the TR4 (somewhere in its run)
got the 60 spoke.  Then there were the extra strong 72 spoke ones.  I am not
sure if the 72's ever were originally fitted on TR's.

I have heard that the 48 spoke wires are "weak", and should be used for show
purposes only.  This is especially a consideration for you.  Modern rubber is
much grippier
than the old stuff and more force will be transferred to the wheel from the
tire even if you
didn't add MORE rubber!  Now with 20% more rubber, the forces will be increased
again.

IF you actually have 48 spoke wires, then you might consider new wider 60/72
spoke wheels,

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
>Subject: Re: Tire sizes (again)
>

>Everybody; Can anyone suggest a brand and size that will work on the a
TR250 wire wheel? NOTE; these are the 48 spoke, not the 60 spoke like