re: TR Tire sizes

To: slantws@home.com
Subject: re: TR Tire sizes
From: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 17:05:31 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jerry,

      Just yesterday new tires were installed on my 60 spoke wheels.
What I chose were 165-15 Dunlop SP20.  There were two other choices
in 165-15 available.  A Monarch brand and Michelin XZX.

     I chose the Dunlops primarily because they were a stickier tire.  The
80,000 mile Michelins I felt would not grip as well as the Dunlops.

    The whole package of tires, mounting, and balancing came to $262.

    Quite pleased with the outfit I bought them from too.  Maynard &
Lesieur of Nashua New Hampshire.   They were recommended to me as
an outfit who would do wire wheels properly.  The 60 mile trip was worth
it for the peace of mind.
Roger Colson
sassamon@mediaone.net