What kind of carbs do I have?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: What kind of carbs do I have?
From: VK0216@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:32:02 EST
I know their Zenith Strombergs and I know they say 175 CD-2 on the cover
plate but unfortunately, very unfortunately the tag is missing from both of
them.

I ordered a new valve needle for my 75 TR-6 (restored) to replace based on
them being 175 cd2 and the needle is a half inch longer than the existing
one.  I got ahold of the Haynes Stromberg book and guess what, the structure
of my carbs doesnt look like the CD2 but however, is identical to the one
displayed on the ZENITH STROMBERG CDSE and CD-2SE section.  Then I guess my
first question is why doesnt my dashpot cover plate say CDSE or CD-2SE?  I
ordered the needles based on the year/model of my TR and I now must presume
the carbs of from another year.

The needle is spring loaded as is the new one I have from Moss but as I said
is 1/2 or so longer so its obviously (in my limited knowledge of carburation)
the wrong one.  Can anyone out there please help me and if possible give me
any ideas on how I can associate my carburetors to the Moss carb
codes......Thank you very much in advance as I suddenly have become very
reliant on this wonderful method of getting information.......thanks Virgil
75TR6