RE: CRASH!-Cell Phone use

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CRASH!-Cell Phone use
From: Hans Jørgen Wimpelmann <wimpelm@online.no>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:25:15 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Tim,
Funny the subject of cell-phones should appear on the list today :
As from today the 15th March a new law came into force in Norway which make
it illegal to use your mobile phone while driving your car unless you use
some sort of hands-free equipment. If you are caught violating the law, you
will be fined NOK 500 (approx. $62). Worse, if you have an accident and it
can be proved that you were using your mobile (without the approved
handsfree equipment) you will risk having the insurance payment reduced.

Initially I was against another law to dictate how I should behave, however,
after reading your summary at least there seem to be some sense behind this
one !

Regards,
Hans J. Wimpelmann
Stavanger