Good day, Bad day!

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good day, Bad day!
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:39:28 -0500
Sunny and pleasant here in north Florida today.  Just like last year
when I tried to install my "spin on oil filter adaptor".  Must have been
the weather that made me try again.  I had told my family last year to
restrain me If I dared to try again but they were not watching me close
enough today. Of course I got it installed,,,twice and both times oil
spewed out like my TR 6 were re-named The Exxon Valdez!!  Now the
problem is that even the old filter is leaking the same way!
        (I realize this isn't brain surgery.)  The first attempt I made sure
the large gasket fit correctly; small one also.
Started up and oil ran out around the edge of the thing and NO oil
pressure appeared on the guage.  So I pulled it loose and took off the
large gasket and had similar results.  In disgust I put the old filter
back on because even the new filter element I had didn't fit right.
Then of course that leaked and still is and the guage is showing no
pressure even though I refilled the oil!  I'll try again tomorrow and
maybe even hook up the electric fan.
That was the bad news.  The good news is that I got my Ignitor
electronic ignition today and it works.
So, I can start the car and run it and watch the oil run out on the
ground.
        One bag of kitty litter wasn't nearly enough!!
John Summers
Jacksonville, FL