Re: gas in the oil

To: <DShoop7572@aol.com>
Subject: Re: gas in the oil
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:38:28 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Dave
The gasket round the pump only stops the oil from running down the side of
the block, the diaphragm is what keeps the petrol from the oil. If it is
down hill from the carbs to the valves the petrol could run down the inlet
manifold and past the valves (if it is open) then past the rings and into
the sump. Down hill can be from regularly parking on a cambered road
surface, or one side on the kerb, it may not be the relationship of the
parts when on level ground! Having said all that it is more likely the pump
diaphragm.

Graham.