Re: Gas prices (in perspective, a little longish)

Subject: Re: Gas prices (in perspective, a little longish)
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:17:24 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000,  wrote:

> Sure as the sun rises, while hopefully not in my lifetime but quite possibly
> in my children (if I ever have any :-}) vehicles will NOT be
> powered by gasoline as we know it. Our treasures will be nothing more
> than potential recycling material.  The writing's on the wall, and I  for

OK, it's time to start thinking turkey (if not talking it)

Any Envirotech gurus on the list know anything about Hydrogen conversions?

Just thing- a fuel cell that you could create in your back yard... not
with Gramps' still perchance, but with solar power and water... you put
the H in your car and drive it around!!

Add vegetable-based lubricant (or synthetic, pick your poison) and hey
presto, a car that does not require fossil fuels!! Can it be?

Now, I realize that Hydrogen Conversions and other alternative fuels
(alcohol... now there, you COULD use Gramps' still) don't come cheap, but
hey... if I'm gonna be paying $5 a litre for gas when I'm an old codger,
might as well plan ahead and pay $5 a litre for methanol :-)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm