Fuel pump cont ..

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel pump cont ..
From: DShoop7572@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:21:29 EST
Hello again.
     When reinstalling a fuel pump how can I be sure the rocker arm is on top
of camshaft eccentric? I couldn't get the pump to slide easily over the
threaded studs so I bumped the starter until the pump slid on without much
effort. What would happen if it was below the camshaft? Disaster? This is
very unnerving, Any experience with this? I had taken the pump apart again to
inspect the diaphragm and saw no visible problems I guess it could be leaking
up under the metal plate. But I thought I would gamble.
    I also bought and installed a twist on adaptor, I didn't feel real
comfortable with how  I tightened it, by hand and a slight turn with a
wrench. The filter was also just hand twisted on. Does this seem ok? What a
paranoid novice huh?

                            Dave