Re: Gas prices (in perspective, a little boorish)

To: "INTERNET:TexasTR4@aol.com" <TexasTR4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Gas prices (in perspective, a little boorish)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:16:28 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <spitfires@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:TexasTR4@aol.com
>In a message dated 03/22/2000 3:38:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

<< When our friends across the seas see us complain about paying half as
much
>> as they have been for years we come across as whiny little prats.  I
think
>> it reflects badly our image as the most prosperous economy in the world.

>> And we do little to evoke sympathy from them.

>Now hang on a minute...the vast majority of any price difference in US
fuel
>and any other fuel is the tax levied by the government.  I am not for one
>minute about to apologize for not contributing directly to the pockets of
our
>lawmakers, or indirectly to those too lazy or stupid to fend for
themselves.

Whoa there.  How'd we get onto taxes?  My main point is that instead of the
collective hand wringing we should be sticking our tongues out saying "Hey!
 Look, you Limeys, we're paying less than half what you are and our prices
are higher than normal."

Well I gotta go.  Gotta go get in line for the parking lot (AKA interstate)

Dave